Thursday, November 12, 2015

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Reckless Fear (The Black Vipers Series) by Micki Fredricks







Tight Everly, Sergeant-at-Arms of The Black Vipers M.C. 

In the world of The Black Vipers, sin runs free and I'm sin personified. 

Given permission by the cut I wear, I take whatever the emptiness inside me desires, by any means necessary. 

Unfortunately, the truth sin doesn’t want you to know–nothing is ever free. It takes payment in flesh and degradation.

A highly venomous predator, it slithers around inside of you, wreaking havoc and claiming your soul as its own.

Sasha was the savior to my sinful ways…only she didn’t want the job.

When sin rules your life, there are no boundaries. You take without regret.

She would be my salvation, even if I had to play the Devil to get her. 


Sasha Campbell 

Being near Tight was like standing on the edge of a raging fire. 

The heat dangerously intoxicating, offering protection from the darkness while promising the burn of betrayal if I got too close.

Yet here I stand, staring endlessly into the dancing flames, not noticing the building smoke or the ache of his all-consuming heat. 

Unfortunately, I know how this story ends. Burned beyond recognition and discarded, I’m turned to ash without a second thought.

Completely destroyed by him.

There had to be a way to avoid the damage he’d inflict. The problem was, I wasn’t sure I wanted to.

Because with Tight, this kind of burn feels amazing.

**WARNING** Dark Contemporary Romance/New Adult Novel.
Contains sexual situations, violence, sensitive and taboo subjects, offensive language and mature topics. Recommended for age 18 years and older. This is the first book in The Black Vipers Series. Tight's story will not come to conclusion in this book.










5 stars

A bomb has exploded in my brain … what the hell did I just read; wait not read, devour in one sitting. Ben “Tight” Everly, Sergeant at Arms, that’s what … and the Black Vipers M.C. Good gawd. This is one where you don’t want to read “this is a work of fiction.” Hell no please make Tight Everly real. I don’t know who Robin Harper is either but the cover; yeah I need to give the lady a fist bump. 

Chapter one gives us insight into Ben Everly’s life ten years prior. Its not a pretty one to say the least; in fact its cringe worthy. Having nothing else to lose at sixteen, Ben sets his plan into motion. He knows he will either leave the warehouse in a body bag which at this point is fine with him or with Pops Cole, President of the Black Vipers. 

Springing forward to present day Tight’s dreams are screwing with him. The demons that burned his soul were catching up to him. Avenging Gen’s death was just one priority on his list no matter what Pop’s said. His best friend Braxton, VP of the club understood. Gen was a force to be reckoned with and was the only person since “her” that made him feel worth anything. Walking into a the fires of hell were nothing for Tight and he was about to head in and face whatever he had to until every last monster from the Dark Riders was dead. 

Sasha Campbell couldn’t believe the man she saw at the hospital remembered her. It was time to run. She couldn’t be near him again. The danger that lurked around her waiting to gut her again, any chance he got taking away another piece of her was threatening. She was broken, scarred and had lost her heart a long time ago. Knowing Tight knew who she really was put everyone in jeopardy. Everything she had accomplished just went up into flames with Tight Everly walking straight through them coming for her. Secrets that couldn’t ever be told were hanging on the edge of her tongue. He would kill her when he found out about her past. She should have run when she had the chance. 

There are exceptional secondary characters that I will beg for personal stories on. Braxton .. yup gotta have it. The MC men are not to be toyed with; that is evident. They will kick your ass, put you in the ground and walk away with a smile on their face. HELL YES! I know Im not right! LOL! But Micki you are a genius! 

I have never in my life read a more bang up, holy shit, what the junk just happened cliff hanger in years. I have no idea what the hell just happened. But it threw me into a tailspin and whacked me upside the head. This is a very brutal storyline and its soooo good. In fact its more than that … its brilliant. What I need to know is when will I get round two? Im a Tight Everly junkie and am going to definitely need a support group along with counseling after this one. 

Click this one up friends and buckle in because you are in for one messed up mind frick. 

Thank you Micki for the ARC! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 




No comments:

Post a Comment