Monday, November 16, 2015

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Tease (A Kings of Korruption MC Novel) by Geri Glenn





Laynie 

Smile when you’re happy, cry when you’re sad and don’t ever be afraid to try something new. These are the words I live by. We only get one shot at this life, and I intend to live the best one I can. I had it all growing up. Popularity, beauty, great friends and a perfect family. But then one day, it all changed – now I’m blind. I’ve never let that stop me though. Life is an adventure and I believe in making the best out of every moment. 

I spend my days with a job I love, online friends and a sexy new book boyfriend every week. I know in my heart that someday, my own prince charming will come along and appreciate me for exactly who I am – I won’t settle for anything less. Meeting Tease seems like the beginning of my fairy tale … until he opens his mouth. 

Tease

I don’t trust people – ever. Every single person I’ve ever loved has contributed, in one way or another, to the shit show that is my life. Keeping everyone I meet at arm’s length, I work hard at being the star of most people’s nightmares. People think I’m a monster and honestly – they’re right. 

Laynie’s beauty is what caught my eye, but her personality is what held it. Laynie’s the only person to ever see past my appearance and break down the walls I’ve worked so hard to build. I’ll do whatever it takes to keep her. When things heat up with a rival club, and Laynie gets caught in the crossfire, I will unleash hell on earth to protect the woman who makes me want to trust someone again. When bullets start flying and bodies start piling up, keeping her safe may be the last thing I ever do. 










Oh yes its more of my Kings MC. Holy Moly this one is a dozie! You all know I love Ryker Cole and Charlie but dang it if Travis “Tease” Hale doesn’t rock my socks off … I mean look at the cover. As you read you will also understand. Honestly though do I have to pick between all these men .. cause I will take them all. 

First I have to address this with Ms. Geri --- okay so never kill a dog in your book when I am reviewing it. What saved me from throwing my kindle and trying to somehow rip those pages out ….. she redeemed herself with Dexter the German Sheppard. Crazy as it sounds .. kill all the people you want but don’t kill my animals! Now that I have reprimanded her .. moving on – I LOVE THIS STORY with the exception of the “one incident that shall not be discussed again .. ever by me.” 

Travis “Tease” Hale wears his past on his face. His scars tell the tales of the horrors he endured along with his mother; the mother that turned away and let the horrific things happen to him. Running the streets after the final straw at age nine he lasted as long as he could. Tease had no family until Ryker found him in a bar and helped him beat the hell out of the asshats that were making comments about his face. The Kings have been his life for the past year. He has done everything he has been asked as a prospect including guarding Charlie with his life for Ryker. The only two good things that came out of that was making a friend in Charlie and being able to watch the beautiful woman who typed on her computer at The Bean across from Charlie’s work. Even after all was said and done with Charlie, being the creepy stalker he felt like, Tease came back to the coffee shop daily and sat a table away from the incredible woman just to see her. Thank hell this woman couldn’t see his face or she would be repulsed just like everyone else. 

Laynie stops and smells the man she knows is sitting a few tables over. He smells divine. Taking a chance she stops and turns inviting him to “maybe tomorrow come and sit with her at her table with she and Dexter rather than a few tables away.” To her surprise what does Coffee Dick say … yes that’s her new name for him … not likely. Heading away from The Bean and her rude exchange with the man she hears people yelling. Dexter frantically pins her to the fence and all hell breaks lose. All she knows is Coffee Dick yelled watch out and now Dexter is hurt. Why is Coffee Dick helping her and how can he be so cold one minute and sweet the next? 

I LOVE THIS STORY! Not only do we have MC corruption, murder and drama but we have continued story lines on Ryker and Charlotte. BONUS: This is a incredible story of two people who define all odds. Laynie has been blind since a terrible accident took her sight. She embraces life and doesn’t need to see in order to appreciate all the beauty around her. If only people would stop treating her like she is an cripple which number one person includes her mother and her brother Daniel. Tease knows he is a monster. Laynie is pure. If she could see his face she wouldn’t want him. He is a dark man and deserves to be alone. 

We have everyone back in this book including a new character Mouse. There is also introduction of an MC member Tiny. The journey Laynie and Tease travel together is absolutely beautiful. The love .. immense. FANTASTIC! Geri you have done it again. We have been graced at the end of the book with an excerpt from Jase’s story. OHHHH BOY! …… 
There is something big there to tell for sure. I cant wait! You can absolutely connect with the members of the Kings as the characters are so well written. Patch me in! 

Geri Glenn has created a group of men and their ladies that I will anticipate and devour upon release of each new book. Next up Jase! Keep them coming Geri! I cant get enough! 

Thank you for the ARC – WHOOP WHOOP! Review to post on Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment