Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Undeniably Asher (The Colloway Brothers) by K. L. Kreig




Book 2 in the The Colloway Brothers series. Each book can be read as a standalone.

Memories.
When does our past stop picking at our scars and start letting them heal?

Scars.
Can we see beyond our wounds to the possibilities the future holds?

Possibilities.
How do we let ourselves become vulnerable enough to trust the love that’s right in front of us? 

Fate. She’s a fickle, wily bitch that slaps us in the face every opportunity she gets. Sometimes it’s a taunt, but sometimes it’s a goddamn wake-up call to pay attention. Take what’s rightfully yours without shame or apology. So when destiny put me straight in Alyse Kingsley’s path once again, I knew this was one slap I wasn’t ignoring. I’d let her get away once. I wouldn’t again. She was mine and I was takin’ her, kicking and screaming if need be.

Alyse ~ Deceit and betrayal. Every single person who was supposed to love me committed one of these. 
My mother. 
My father. 
My sister. 
My lover. 
Incapable of letting people see the real me, I hold them at arm’s length. But Asher Colloway is relentless and it doesn’t take long before I cave to his pursuits. The big question is: can I let him in where it counts most? Before ghosts from my past come back to haunt me in ways I can’t possibly fathom? Before it’s too late?

Asher ~ Trust. Forgiveness. Impossible concepts, having been fucked over by a woman I’d loved before. But those aren’t my only personality flaws.
I’m possessive.
I’m jealous.
I’m dominant.
I have a secret kink.
I want Alyse. All of her. She shows people the shiny, untainted surface. I want the murky, damaged depth. The shadows. I want in all the way. Just when I think I’ve made it, fate cruelly bitch-slaps me again. And this time I don’t see it coming. The question now is: what am I willing to do to keep the woman I love by my side? And can Alyse accept me the way I am, faults and all?









A new author and a new set of brothers … oh yes please and thank you. I will take that all day long. This is the second book in the Colloway Brothers series but each book can be read as a standalone. Asher’s story was sent to me as an ARC gift and I can promise you although each can be read alone I'm heading back to grab up the first book after I'm done here. Oh yes, Asher, Gray, Conner and Luke … BOOM ladies! 

Asher Colloway sees Alyse Kingsley for the first time in years. She was seventeen and he was twenty one the last time Asher had his hands all over her. If his brother Connor wouldn’t have interrupted them maybe things would have turned out differently. Maybe he wouldn’t have suffered the humiliation of his cheating ass girlfriend Natalie the day he planned on proposing to her; maybe he would be able to have what his brother Gray has. 

Since life has been somewhat unforgiving for Alyse; her scars run deep. Everyone she has ever loved has left her. And now, sitting at her desk, she also has to wonder how she is going to keep her company afloat. Needing to clear her mind, her thoughts wonder back to the family dinner two months ago at the Colloway house when Asher cornered her. Her sister Livia is now engaged to Asher’s brother Gray. She was doing well handling the situation until Asher demands to know who put the bruises on her arm. Challenging Asher and his rude comments Alyse says some choice words and Asher comes back with that fact that he doesn’t own her yet but he will … and soon. WHAT?!??!?! 

This book is filled with so much drama. Holy geez. These beautiful men good lord women what in the world is your issue. I did want to slap Alyse numerous times. I mean numerous …. But the story line remained five star worthy. You all know me when you have a mousey female lead I'm over it but Asher and the other storylines entwined into this book keep me frantically turning the pages. The very first page is a doozie to say the least. Right away you know that things are going to be harsh for Alyse. 

Betrayal, deceit, anger and lies are all over the place here. When Alyse has no other choice than to accept the job Asher offers her in order to keep her company afloat all hell breaks loose in emotional overload land.

This is a great read friends. K.L. is a genius as she lets you know the back story enough of Gray and Livia in order for you to not be lost but she also leaves you pinging to go back and grab of the first book if you have not had the pleasure of reading it. I do know next up is Luke’s story and lord have mercy I cant wait to find out what is going on there. Livia does let us in on a shocking bit of information after Alyse drops a bomb on her from her past. I don’t know if you know this about Livia in the first book but I plan to find out. Im guessing probably not. SEE … you need them all! 

Thank you for the ARC -- K.L. … This was brilliant! Click it up ladies. --- Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. Bring the other brothers on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment