Monday, November 16, 2015

Amy's 5 star ARC review of Beyond Her Words by Bink Cummings




Some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouths and lady luck tucked into their back pocket. Then there’s people like me, who live to survive. Survive loss. Survive loneliness. Survive the black tar that swallows you whole, stealing everything and anything that could resemble a piece of happiness. They try and fail, try again and fail even harder. Starting life’s never ending cycle of wash, rinse, and repeat. 

That’s me. Or it was. Ten years I wandered through life. Through ten towns. Through ten men. Then, I didn’t anymore. A hellacious storm came and ripped everything away, leaving me stripped bare for the most beautiful man. A man part of the Corrupt Chaos Motorcycle club, who not only saved my life but rescued my soul. Or so it may seem from the outside. On the inside, it’s not that simple. Life never is. 
It’s dirty. 
It’s ugly. 
And it’s painstakingly relentless. 

I’m Magdalene Murdock and this is my story. 

Warning: Contains shameless adult sexual content, an arseload of profanity, and whatever the hell else that makes it unsuitable for folks under the age of 18. 

- Standalone Novel



Magdalene Murdock has been through ten farming communities in the last ten years running through the men in those ten towns since she started wondering the world alone. She never stays puts more than a year or two at most. Her last man, Jonathan, knew her as Rebecca. It became a disaster, a treacherous storm, just like the one she is driving through now. Her beloved Viola, the two rings on her left hand and some garlic bulbs are her most prized possessions. At fourteen she collided with the sixteen year old Brian. Everything except those three prized possessions are now gone along with her Gram. At thirty two years old you would think a woman would want more but right now all Mags wants is to get the hell out of the storm she just drove straight into. Never did Mags imagine in one tornadic moment that lightening is about to strike as she seeks shelter in a single store with a flashing “Open” sign. Saying a silent prayer, Mags begs her Gram and Brian to keep her safe. 

The rust colored goateed and cropped hair colossal of a man has to be a dream. A silver dust mixes making his jaw and teal eyes through straight into her soul. He cant be real. Mags must have died and gone to heaven. Twelve days later Mags wakes to find a tiny red ringlet haired teenager snorting off to Doctor Dipsnot that she is her daughter and his rude comments annoy her. Not only is this angelic young lady standing by her bedside but soon Mags finds out the man she dreamed of was real, along with a whole lot of other brooding men that make up the Kentucky Chapter of the Corrupt Chaos MC. Lachlan “Smoke” MacAlister is not only real but he is also the man that saved her life. 

From here I can and will tell you the array of characters in brilliant story are fascinating to say the least. Thor, Sniper and his wife Whiskey, Cass, Bonez, and a dog named Pirate will open up your heart. Well there is one in that list that you will loathe along with the devil herself Meredith; Lachlan’s wife. Yes … his wife, you heard me. You also get the gift of the Sacred Sisters through Whiskey and her business; Whiskey’s Corrupt Confections. This is the whole pie, not a slice .. the entire pie pan. 

I have never read such a torturous and striking love story. It felt like my heart was being peeled apart a little at a time between Mags and Smoke’s pain. Pip (Bridget) is pure strength. The way this young lady’s character is written will make you feel like she is a fortress of acceptance and an angel put into her father and Mags life for one purpose only. The deep seeded verbal abuse and self torment on the pages of this book will turn you inside out. The realistic brutality of scraping and clawing to try and find your way out of the quicksand might just obliterate you. The hushed tears that ran down my face numerous times were my savior; allowing me to grieve for such devastation of two people’s purpose of existence. Don’t get me wrong there is also joy on the pages; lots of it but witnessing two characters piece themselves back together …… I cant even explain that. Layer by layer … yes … It’s a teeter totter of emotions; you wont ever want to let go. 

As I turned the last page I only wanted to know more. I willed more. I can tell you there is .. but that’s not my place to say when or how. I have already begged Bink for Pips story as one moment in the book had me looking to the stars thanking them that Pip …. Yeah no; not getting that from me. But its there. The last two pages (at least on the Kindle) … Yeah. Again .. not getting it here. Just know .. when you get there hold on to something because your going to need it. Exhaustion and fatigue will set in because its complete .. for now. 

I cannot tell you why you should read this book because there aren’t words for that. What I can say is that if you don’t then you have no one to blame but yourself. Bink Cummings shows us how radiant she really is in this one. She has exposed herself as a novelist holding zilch back. This woman can write her ass off and I was the propitious girl who got a dang ARC. Until the next one I will be repairing myself and holding on another day. 

Once again, I cannot thank Bink enough for honoring me a ARC of her work. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. Keep writing because if you quit, the world will lose a dazzling and luminous mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment