Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Amy's 5 Unbelievable Stars ARC Review of Rogue A Deadman’s Ink Novel by Callie Hart




When people get too close to me, they wind up dead. Blood. Bullet holes. Stab wounds. I’ve kept my identity secret to protect the ones I love, but now the most dangerous man in my world knows exactly who I am… And he’s coming for me.

Hector Ramirez has brought war to my doorstep, but he won’t win. 

I’ll fight to defend the vulnerable. 

I’ll kill to protect my club.

But I’ll die to save the woman I love.









Louis James Aubertin III is back with a vengeance and Sophie Romero is standing by his side. You won't get a lot from me in this review as I don’t post spoilers and you shouldn’t want me to. You should want to devour every morsel in each page, in each paragraph and each sentence down to the last word on the last page .. and yes .. its that brilliant.

The prologue introduces us even more to Jamie’s (Rebel) twat-waffle of a sperm donor. We also gain some additional insight into Cade Preston and his sister Laura. The spew of hate from an obnoxious excuse for a man is enough to make you want to gut the sick bastard yourself. Turning the pages in anticipation we are sprung into present day, thrown into an extremely concerning situation and Sophie showing that she is for sure a Romero.

As events unfold there are more questions thrown into the fiery pit than there are answered. Think back to Rebel. Maria Rosa set the Widow Makers up after she was denied her request, Raphael is still out there lurking around and Hector made his presence known at the hoity toity party of mingling political thieves. I have a feeling as we move through this series we have a full integration of the Blood and Roses and this series. I could be wrong but there are things that lead me to believe this may happen. Maybe it wont in written form but as a fan of these phenomenal characters you will be able to see the circle complete. Personally --- I'm going to love every minute of it.

There is mystery surrounding a few characters in this release that I will be anxious to discuss once more of us have turned the last page. I wont say there aren’t any revelations in Rogue but those revelations only made me realize we have just scratched the surface with the Widow Makers MC members.

What I will leave you with is the fact that you will hold Rebel and Sophie just as close to you as you did and still do with Zeth and Sloane. If you have not read the Blood and Roses series I highly suggest you do so. The depth of the characters that Ms. Hart gifts us is something that readers dream they will find in every book they put their hands on. Characters, who some you want to be the one pulling the trigger and others whom you want to protect with your own life.
Everything that Callie puts out is pure gold. Why? Because Ms. Hart, she writes for us; the reader, the fan, the person that needs to escape in between the pages for whatever reason. Her passion is evident on these pages just like the ones she has placed before us in previous books. Perfection. Excellence.

Thank you Callie for the gift of the ARC. I am honored to have the opportunity to read Rogue. YOU are amazing. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment