Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Amy's 4.5 star review of Sick Bastard (Sick and Twisted Book 1) by J. Jaci


Synopsis

London 

Dante Marx is many things. 
He’s impatient, demanding, irrational, devious, and full of himself, just to name a few. 
It’s impossible to ignore him because he refuses to let me. 
Regardless of his behavior, his temper, his passion, and his lies, I want him. 
This man is making me lose my mind, but I’m ready to lose myself completely in him. 

Dante 

London is everywhere. 
She’s on my mind, in my face, and in my goddamn world. 
I don’t want to want her, but I do. I want her more than my next breath. 
I don’t know how to keep a woman like her because I’m no Prince fucking Charming. 
I can’t give her up, nor will I ever willingly do so. She’s my obsession―my whole goddamn world, no matter how much of a pain in my ass she is. Nothing in my life will ever again make sense without her. 


18+ Due to language, sexual content, violence, and drugs. 
This book contains an element of stalking, which some readers may find upsetting. 
90,000 plus words 
Cliffhanger (2 book series) 









Sick Bastard (Sick and Twisted Book 1) J. Jaci 4.5 stars Continuing with my plight of reading anything that is completely eerie and freaking hot of course I clicked this book. Why wouldn’t I .. the words sick and twisted are in the title. This review will be very short as there is not much you can say without giving away spoilers and I don’t do spoilers. The title of the first chapter is Royal Prick and her comes Dante. London is a waitress at The Blue Lounge on the upper east side of NYC. She doesn’t need to work to help pay for her school but she chooses to. She has her regular customers with includes the old and grabby Mr. Williams. These men are wealthy. CEO, Wall Street Bankers; you name it they come here to eat and discuss business or pleasure specifically what London would look like naked. Dante Marx is a new face with the group this evening; a face though that London pays ZERO attention to until he talks down to her while she is discussing options for drinks and dinner with Mr. Williams and his cronies. Dante swiftly berates Mr. Williams for smacking London on the butt when she strolls to leave and get the mens drinks sending you the reader into a very confused state. The man just insulted her but now is defending her? And here we go …. Dante becomes obsessed with London exactly the minute he sees her. London is scared yet intrigued by Mr. Dark and Sexy and she calls him. I wont reveal the events but they do have a small encounter at the restaurant before Dante leaves. But on the flip side of that encounter London blatantly throws Dantes card in the trash and gives her 1000 tip to her girlfriend behind the bar. LOTS of things happen leaving you wanting to strangle both of these characters with great emotion. Now that’s a good read. There is a cliffhanger that is absolutely perfect. Hard ass beautiful sinfully creepy stalking alpha male and gorgeous sassy female lead … HECK YES! Go one click!

No comments:

Post a Comment