Monday, June 22, 2015

Amy's review of Only Tonight by Elizabeth Miller

Synopsis


I have nothing. I've lost everything. The man I loved stole it from me. The woman I was days ago no longer exists. What I believed to be true love is dead and buried. I'm leaving. Abandoning every reminder of the life I once had. I won't need anything but shorts and flip-flops where I'm going. Alone.

Faith Owens ran away from life two years ago, losing herself in easy living on a small private island. Preferring carefree days as a bartender to the stressful haunting of her past, Faith chooses a life of isolation. A night like every other, she expects tips but she finds the one thing she isn't looking for--Kyle.

Kyle Sommerton walks through life alone, a traveling soldier protecting others. Physically exhausted from the pitfalls of his career, he seeks a night of solace on a small private island off of the Florida Keys. A night of solitude at a beach bar, he expects a beer but he finds the one thing he isn't looking for--Faith.

What happens when rules are broken and two hearts collide for only one night? Only Tonight is an adult contemporary romance, due to strong language and sexual content this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

**Be aware, Only Tonight is a 24,000 word short story with insta-attraction and feeling. In addition, this download includes an introduction to Midnight by Elizabeth Miller.**


Holy Hotness! Only Tonight is one smoking hot novella! I have LOVED Elizabeth Miller's writing and this took it up a notch. -D. Barnes--Mean Girls Luv Books Blog

I love stories that just melt your heart, but also have a hotness factor without it seeming dirty or cheesy. -Night and Day Book Blog

















Only Tonight 3.5 stars Only Tonight is a very short romantic read. Faith has lost everything. Her fiancĂ© James left her alone to handle everything he did and hid from her. Yesterday she was an upstanding person in the city engaged to what she thought was a great man. Now her world has collapsed. There is nothing left to do then to leave with nothing more than a few items. Get away and start a new life. Kyle sees Faith working at the small hut on the beach and will do whatever it takes to have her. His time is limited as his job is “protection” through the government. After watching her he finds out all he needs to know and he knows she is hiding from the world. He only has one night to convince Faith that she needs to be his for the next 24 hours. I wasn’t blown away by this story and I wasn’t thrilled with the ending but the title does say Only Tonight. I think my issue with the book is that it is in fact a very short read. There is not a lot of depth to the characters or the story line. Having said that, if you enjoy a quick page turner that is right to the point, then this is the book for you. Its not bad .. I just like more.

No comments:

Post a Comment