Thursday, June 25, 2015

Throw Back Thursday - Boy In A Band.... Lisa Loomis 5 + stars

This is my review from when I first read the book a long time ago.  This was a top read for me!  Possibly a few things that Could be considered spoilers!  Do yourselves a favor and one click this AMAZING book!   This would be one of those books that I wish I could unread it so I could read it for the first time all over again~!






Synopsis
Morgan Mallory meets beautiful, sexy, blond haired, blue eyed, Mathew O'Conner, a singer in a rock band, when she's just a teen. Her instant physical attraction to him completely unnerves her. Their convoluted relationship transcends years, and even when she knows it would be best to stay away from him she can't seem to stop herself. What is it about the bad boy she seems to love? 

An edgy coming of age novel that is erotic, entertaining, and deeply moving. The characters will seize you and stay with you long after the read is finished. Not your predictable Cinderella story. 

First in series: 
"CASANOVA COWBOY" Standalone or sequel to "Boy In A Band" 
"RACING THROUGH CORNFIELDS"--Ryan Walker's story Standalone or prequel to "Casanova Cowboy" 










EMOTIONAL WRECK!!!!  Like how do I get this book off my mind?  Book High..... 5+ stars...... Some Love it and some Hate it.... I felt both!  In the end.... Genius! 

 


What I got was an EMOTIONAL roller coaster!  It definitely isn't your predictable Cinderella HEA love story.  **WARNING...STOP RIGHT HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET ANY SPOILERS....I try not to spoil books, but this one may have a few slip up****


This book made my heart hurt....on many occasions.  It also made my heart happy.  It made me cry HUGE ASS CROCODILE TEARS....I must say this.... This book begins in  the 70's, which is completely different than all my other reads.  There comes to be a lot of sex, drugs, and rock n roll ;) 


We meet our two main characters as they are pre-teens (age 12) in Middle School and who's parents became fast friends.  Mallory instantly felt something towards Matthew.  She loved him from the day she met him.   She thinks he feels it too.  But he hadn't really returned the same feelings.     


This story follows the two of them as they go from Middle school, through High School, through College and as Adults.  Like they are Best "friends" for a very long time.   Mallory obviously feeling more than just "Friends" through our entire journey.  Like for over 30 years...... Hang on my book nerds... Because this one is an emotional ride......


Her father ends up taking a job and they have to move from San Jose to San Diego.  This causing a huge gap in distance.... So she finishes HS without her group of closest friends.  She has a hard time making new friends once she is there.  For years after they have moved she travels back to San Jose during the summers to visit her old friends.  Matthew included.   He always had a way of pulling Morgan back in.  And her best friend Gayle hated it!  Gayle hated the way Morgan loved Matthew and how he treated her and never gave her his all.  


She is "Friend zoned" more than once and sits back and watches Matthew go through women like a pair of underwear all while flaunting it in her face basically.  I mean come on... he has to know she loves him right???   There are several times when you think "YAY"  he get's it... he knows she's in love with him.... he even shows a little attention to her making her think this could be more.   He plays with her emotions on more than one occasion.  The sexual tension between them through out is undeniable.  

(sorry if I jump back and forth....my mind starts getting ahead of me) 

They make you want to reach in and strangle them both.  Her for being so naive and him for being a complete jackass!   He acts jealous if she hangs out with guys yet he won't commit and be exclusive to her for most of the book.  Like I said, this journey takes awhile.... Matthew is also a musician.  Plays guitar and that is kinda "their thing" through out the book... she'll say play me a song and he will..... Once he forms his band.... he starts to change.... he gets caught up in that lifestyle and that's when he starts treating Mallory in my opinion, like one of his groupies.  


She has been saving herself for him since day one.  Off and on through high school they would come close.... and it never would happen.  Her remaining a virgin.  Him making her think he wants a relationship and then turning around and shitting on her.   Her losing her V-Card comes after a party and of course it's her being pissed at him for once again, bringing her and then leaving her while he leeches on to the Groupies.   When he finds out he is pissed.  


They eventually manage to Consummate their relationship - whatever it may be and it happens to be a three some with her best Friend Gayle.  Later finding out her bestie is actually a lesbian dating a married woman... anyway.... once the sex between the two of them starts.... it never stops!  It's HOT and they are on FIRE together, but again.  They go years  and never truly define their relationship.  Matthew always finding a way to pull her back in whenever their paths crossed.  But never being able to give her his whole heart.   His playboy lifestyle, bad behavior and distance always sealing their fate.  Years would eventually go by each time they seen each other. 


 Morgan eventually finds what she thinks is true love with Max and once again after a trip home for a friends wedding and not seeing Matthew for awhile..he pulls her back in.  Making her question her Love for Max.   I am telling you that this is how their relationship is the entire book... He never gives her the everything she wants and yet she continues to fall right back into his arms....hoping that he can one day say "he loves her" and only her.

Morgan eventually breaks up with Max and over time she meets Ryan.  Matthew at her wedding to Ryan was my last straw........ I mean.... she was suppose to get her HEA with Matthew, not Ryan.  Then reading about her at Matthews wedding years later.... UGH! I still had hope..... I will say this.... I cried MAJOR FREAKING CROCODILE tears from the wedding until the end of the book.... I don't do spoilers or I try not too but I will leave you with this... one click this bitch and  grab your tissues.......

No comments:

Post a Comment