Monday, November 7, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC review of The Huntress by Dawn Robertson and Kristen Hope Mazzola




I am not a good person.
In fact, I am the worst of the worst. I was dragged down into the gutter and have thrived in this seedy underbelly where I was recreated. Reborn as Eleanor McGuire, socialite and professional hitwoman. The filthiest, dirtiest, high profile pieces of garbage, I end them. I am the huntress. Corrupt men are my prey.

Dawn and Kristen want to warn you: this is not for the faint of heart! But if gore, violence, and extreme sexual situation are your cup of tea, this is the read for you.








So this one was what I should have loved but unfortunately I didn't. BUT please make your own decision. Ellie is a dark dark character who is certainly very comfortable about everything she is. Theo changed her from a poor girl to a killer. A fear assassin for hire she loves her job and never feels bad about what she does. 

Again I should have completely loved this but the BDSM parts were just over the top for me. It's not that I don't want to read that it was just too much on top of the killing and somewhat taboo stuff. Again I don't mind those reads but throw it all in a pot together on this one ... I mean zero happiness. Usually I like that thrown in there but there is nothing or either I was too consumed with the dark parts and didn't see the nicer parts. 

Thank you ladies for the ARC. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. Make your own decision! We all like different things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment