Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of On The Rocks by Nicole Hart



Defeated.
Desperate for change.
I knew I wouldn't find the answer in the bottom of a bottle but I walked into his bar anyway.
An accidental meeting...
The overwhelming urge to draw closer.
I knew it was wrong.
But the need was powerful.
The yearning was strong.
The gravitational pull too hard to resist.
So we gave in to temptation. But life isn't simple and nothing worth fighting for ever comes easy.

*This story contains strong adult content and is intended for a mature audience.











On The Rocks
Nicole Hart
5 stars

Ok so first of all I need to know because I'm confused and hopeful. There is another book out there somewhere or coming titled Whiskey Bent? If so ... I need it. I loved these two characters Gage and Reese. LOVED LOVED them. 

The first few pages are something out of not just a nightmare but worse. I'm thinking to myself what in the heck is happening ... then you turn the page and Reese is headed to NY for work and meeting up with her BFF Wesley .. who I also LOVED. Reese has a controlling husband and wants to enjoy her time away. Knowing she will be grilled nonstop while she is gone she at least wants one night or fun having told her douche husband she was heading for a bath and bed. Little did Reese know upon entering Whiskey Bent her life would forever change. 

Gage has never seen a more stunning woman. The pull he feels towards her ... it's something he has never felt before. He should walk away. His brother warns him that he can't go to where she is. Going there would be deadly. They finally had found safety .. or at least they thought they had. 
Nicole does an exceptional job of keeping you turning those pages wondering what in the heck happened in Gage’s past. You get bits and pieces but nothing until later chapters in the book. Nightmares give you a small look as well but you can't tell exactly what happened. I knew whatever it was had to be absolutely horrifying from the nightmares. 

This is a spectacular story with great characters. I loved them all. THIS is why I have to know what all this other talk of another book is. I hope that we get another release centered around Wesley and then also around Gage’s brother. I want to click now! 

Swinging around on Nicole’s page I discovered The Hurricane. I'm heading over to click that one up now. It sounds amazing and I'm sure I will read it in one sitting just as I did On The Rocks. You won't want to put this one down friends. 

Thank you for the ARC Nicole – fantastic! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment