Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Always Wanting (Consumed #1) By Alex Grayson



My name is Abigail Summers, and I’m addicted to sex. Yes, you read right. I’m a woman that craves… no, needs to have a man take my body on a daily basis. If I don’t have sex at least once a day, my body shakes from withdrawals, my stomach cramps with unbearable pain, my sexually hazed mind goes haywire, and I become extremely irritable and a major bitch. This isn’t a lifestyle I’ve chosen for myself. It’s a struggle I deal with every single day.

I don’t do relationships, because what man wants to be stuck knowing his girl may be out f*cking some random guy if he’s not available? You may think this is something that I can control, but I say screw you; you’ve never been in my shoes before.

The cravings may be something I can’t control, but I’ve learned to embrace them. I’ve tried the sexual addiction support groups. I’ve tried curbing my appetites. I’ve been shunned, criticized, ridiculed, and called every nasty name under the sun. Well, I say f*ck all you judgmental assholes. I’ll have sex with who I want, when I want, where I want. Embarrassment? That’s a thing of the past. This is my life now, and those that don’t like it can go straight to hell.

But then he came along and screwed everything up. Colt Maverick. For once in my life, I want more, crave more from one guy. A guy that’s sweet and doesn’t match my hard interior. A guy that looks at me like he wants to eat me alive and claim me as his own. A guy that will most definitely not be okay with my addiction. A guy that I want over and over again, not because my body demands it, but because I demand it.

I now have a new addiction. But will he be enough to satisfy my uncontrollable desires?






4 stars

This story deals with addiction – fighting to stay in control – fighting to not want – fighting to do what is right instead of what you want – fighting to not claim what you crave – the addiction in a sexual manner. Yes – a sex addict. And her name is Abigail Summers. 

Just with any other addiction Abigail needs to fulfill her cravings daily – sometimes more than once. Her nerves go on edge, her mind goes into a tailspin and functioning becomes almost impossible. The struggle is something real and it's something that people don’t understand. It's taboo. It's not like drug or alcohol which is somehow accepted … its sex. Having a relationship is almost impossible. It's not that she can't love it's that if the man she is with isn’t around she knows she will find the man next door. 

Colt Maverick is not the man to cure her addiction but the man to feed it. He is changing everything about all she thought and knew. But can this man who wants to keep her to himself actually pull the reigns in on her and keep her all to himself. Feeding her makes you more hungry right??? 

This story was frustrating to say the least. I can't say I know or understand this type of addiction but if its this frustrating no thanks! I was livid with Abigail at times and wanted her to just stop … I seriously was yelling at my kindle and several times had to walk away because I was so angry. Emotion is good but Im not sure about that much .. LOL! 

I was for sure on the fence on this one between 3.5 and 4 stars. I gave it 4 stars because of the writing. Alex has written two great characters as far as writing goes. There are no parts that don’t fit .. there are no parts that seem odd or strange and the tribe of friends is good. Secondary characters are important as we know. Those things over-rode the infuriating parts. HA! 

I am really anxious to read more from Alex as I loved the way the story flowed. This one is a rough read or was at least for me AGAIN in the sense of I wanted to just beat the hell out of Abagail. Thank you for making me want to chunk my kindle Alex! I look forward to more! 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment