Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of What if it's Right? by JB Heller




 *It is an amazing story of love, the love of a sister, the love of a mother, the love of a friend, and the love of a life time.* The Book Fairy Reviews

WESTON
I have a problem.
A big freaking problem.
Her name is Tory Dixon.
I’ve been in love with her since I was seventeen.
The problem, you ask? She’s kinda my best friend’s mum.
VICTORIA
I have a six foot, three inches tall, twenty-two-year-old problem.
His name is Weston Banks.
I’ve been pretending he doesn’t have feelings for me for the last six years.
You see, fourteen years ago, I became my nephew’s guardian.
And Weston, well, he’s my nephew’s best friend.
Which makes him ten years my junior and oh so deliciously complicated.

*This is a standalone contemporary romance.
"A heartfelt, unique, and slow burn romance that shows that when the heart wants something, the heart will get it. What if it’s right stole my attention, and I fell into the deep, enthralling story of Weston and Tori and was desperate to read their happily ever after."- Rachel Brookes author of the Breathe Series
Bloggers are LOVING What If It's Right....
"What If It's Right? will definitely be added to my list of top books in 2016! Holy hotness!"- A Book Lovers Emporium Book Blog
"Weston is going to set your heart on fire and make you swoon. Hands down one of my top reads of 2016!"- Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
"I laughed, cried, swooned, cried some more, laughed even more, fanned myself, and then ended with a smile of contentment with how the story plays out."-CrazyDaisy









3.5 stars

So this is maybe a taboo type of story and it didn’t bother me I just couldn’t get past some of the “incidents.” I was too busy laughing as the story and dialogue was funny between Tory and her nephew Finn. Typical teenage boy for sure and an aunt who was single one day and a mom the next due to the passing of her sister. 

Moving to a new town, Tory soon meets Finn’s best friend Weston. He was more grown up but again I was just bent on thinking how in the world can you be attracted to someone the same age as the boy you are raisin. I just can't. HA! 

There is also some sort of weird jealous thing going on as the boys grow up. Weston seems to flirt or make moves on Tory to get under Finn’s skin. That was even more weird for me. But Weston does vow that he loves Tory. He expresses his feelings more than once for his best friends now mom but she resists and laughs it off. Eventually you know what happens. Finn leaves and boom … there is also tragedy that brings them together. 

It's not a bad read by any means but this is just too much like teachers getting busted for messing with their students. I can't do it .. cant see it and certainly don’t know why you would want a boy over a man. Click it up and let me know what you think! 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. Thank you for the ARC! 

No comments:

Post a Comment