Thursday, November 3, 2016

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Halo by R. C. Stephens








From the author of the best-selling Twisted Series comes a compelling story of heartbreak, sacrifice and the test of true love.


I fell in love with Thomas Wells and knew he was my forever.
I was sixteen when I gave him my heart. 
Our love was the kind to last a lifetime. 

But Thomas was broken. 
The first day we met he told me he was going to become a Navy SEAL. 
At nineteen he enlisted. 
At twenty he married me.
At twenty five he left me pregnant and didn't turn back.
I knew he was suffering…. 
I also knew I couldn't save him.
He left me broken.
I was scared and alone. 
Until I met Ryder St. John a wounded soldier… 
He was lost. 
I was lost. 
Together we made sense. 
I fell in love again… 
What Ryder forgot to mention was that he held a secret so explosive that it could shatter both our worlds.

***This is a full length novel and is intended for a mature audience.***







What a book .... Meeting the love of her life at sweet sixteen Halo vowed to support Thomas in all his dreams. As big as they were being a Navy Seal she knew came with hard times. Sticking by the man she has loved she knows the way has changed him. Thinking a child is going to help him heal she instead gets a reaction that no woman wants to hear. 

Thomas has had a gray life. His mother left leaving him with a father that was abusive and drank too much. Turning those emotions into determination Thomas knows he can make it as a Seal. The path of his dream comes to a crossroad when he meets Halo. Giving him more determination and more will he reaches his destination. Coming home should have been easy .. instead it destroyed him and the woman he loved. 

Ryder is damaged. His past is blurry. His war was hell. But the vision standing in front of him may help him find his way. Ryder has never met anyone as beautiful as Halo. He will do everything in his power to try and remember – the only problem is – Halo wants to forget. 

Finding your way has never been more difficult and wow if these characters aren't just an amazing example. There of course numerous situations that are sometimes uneasy in the story and some let will leave you saying just do it ... I promise you this is worth the read. Of course you know from where I left the characters for you there is going to be some major pitfalls. 

Some of the story is “real” in the sense that I have seen it happen to loved ones on both sides. Healing after the war is never easy and sometimes the men and women who serve lose that battle. This book -- Fiction yes -- but certainly glimpses of true heartbreak for those of us in the military community. 

I loved the story, loved the characters and loved diving into this one. Thank you R. C. for the read. I look forward to getting my hands on more of your books! Excellent choice but plan on some tears. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment