Thursday, November 3, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Kill Me (Kiss of Death, #1) by L.P. Lovell



Una 

To many, I am little more than a myth. The Kiss of Death, a hired killer, revered by some of the greatest criminal organisations in the world. Trained by the bratva themselves, without conscience, without mercy, the perfect soldier. I’ll kill anyone… for a price. Death doesn’t discriminate, she sells to the highest bidder, but even I have a weakness.

Nero 

I want one thing—power. But power is merely a game of strategy. The pieces are on the chess board. Death is my queen, and also my pawn. She’ll paint this city red in exchange for the one thing she wants. Now all I have to do is watch it all play out. She’s nothing more than a weapon, and yet, I find myself wanting to dance with death, to possess her. And I always get what I want.

A game of power. A risk that could cost her everything. An obsession that would see the world burn at their feet. A bloodied king. A broken queen. 

Kill me or kiss me?








So this was a little tough for me. Una is a orphan from Russia sold to be a sex slave. Finding her more useful as a killer she is trained and becomes known as the Kiss of Death. She never misses her target and never has lost feelings about what she has done. Meeting Nero she has been challenged to keep her head in the game. 

Nero wants what is owed him and the blonde killer is in his way. Power is the name of the game. Nero is for sure a nutty one. Not a romantic read by any means but as the story progressed I just couldn't see things falling in line as they did. 

There is a cliffhanger so maybe the next will give me that wham yes .. it wasn't bad at all by any means but I didn't see the two crazy as hell characters hitting it off as they did. 

This is not a romance but its not terribly dark either so if you like the edge of your seat type of read this one is for you. Hard headed characters – for sure. 

Thank for you for the ARC! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment